Shorewood High School’s Drama Department is currently in rehearsal for Les Misérables, the final production of its 2009-10 season. The show opens Friday May 7th and runs two weekends at the Shorewood High School auditorium, 1701 East Capitol Dr., at the corner of Oakland Ave. and Capitol Dr. in Shorewood.
Les Misérables, celebrating its 30th year, was created by Claude-Michel Schönberg and Alain Boublil, with English lyrics by Herbert Kretzmer. Based on the Victor Hugo novel, Les Misérables follows the intertwining stories of a cast of characters struggling for survival and redemption during the French Revolution.
Director Barbara Gensler, musical director Jayne Perkins, and choreographer Craig Kienzle have teamed up again, as they did with past productions Beauty and the Beast and Into the Woods. The rest of the technical staff includes Patrick Spreadbury (technical director/scenic design,) Beth Skinner (costume design,) John Dolphin (lighting design,) Mary Kay Anderson (head stitcher,) Sara B. Van Loon (publicity,) and Kristen Swidergal (poster/program design.)
The cast and crew include scores of talented seniors in the final production of high school careers. The senior members of the cast include Ben Peterson as Jean Valjean, Chloe Staub as Cosette, Sam Gilbertson as Marius, Grace Collins as Fantine, Jonas Yela as Enjolras, and Christiane Buethe as Éponine. Other seniors in the cast include Max Beyer, Brinn Hill, Claire Houterman, Ted Huang, Jana John, Katie Kassel, Abby Kohlenberg, Michael Kushner, Taylor Lipo Zovic, and Hallie Sanders. The crew is headed by senior stage manager Ian Moore. Other seniors on our various set, costume and/or publicity crews include Max Cavender, Randy Dunn,Kerry Egan, Melanie Gilmore, Seth Hallett, Cameron Hood, Anna Olson, Trevor Pitman, John Taylor, Meg Wallace, and Kaitlyn Wick.
The show runs on Fridays and Saturdays at 8:00 p.m., May 7th, 8th, 14th, and 15th; a special Mother’s Day matinee on Sunday May 9th at 2:00 p.m. (bring your mom and she gets in for free;) and Student Night, Thursday May 13th at 7:30 p.m. (half price ticket prices for any student with a valid ID.)
Ticket prices are $16.00 for adults and $12.00 for seniors and students. To reserve tickets, call the Shorewood High School Box Office at (414) 963-6940 or stop by, starting April 26th, to purchase tickets during box office hours: Mondays-Fridays 12:30-5:30 p.m. and Saturdays 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. For any more information, visit our website www.shorewooddrama.org.
- Live Pro Wrestling
- Local Resident Stars in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Anthony Wells will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- Miranda Cecsarini will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- AUDITIONS - Neil Simon's - The Odd Couple (Female Version)
- Whitefish Bay Actress Performs in Acacia Theatre’s Musical “Quilters”
- Young Whitefish Bay resident performs in First Stage’s PINKALICIOUS THE MUSICAL
- UW-Madison Marching Band to Perform in North Shore to Benefit Public Schools
- Whitefish Bay 12-year-old stars in Rep's A Christmas Carol
- Young Whitefish Bay Resident Appears in First Stage’s JUNIE B. IN JINGLE BELLS, BATMAN SMELLS