Do you like to sing? If you're Lutheran, you do! Since the time of Luther, Lutherans have had a great choral heritage. So to celebrate that heritage and praise our God, six congregations from the metro Milwaukee area are sponsoring a hymnfest on Sunday, May 2 at Kingo Lutheran Church, 1225 E. Olive St., Shorewood. The hymnfest begins at 1:30 p.m. in the sanctuary.
Please join the choirs and congregations of Kingo, Lake Park, Ascension, All Peoples, Hephatha and Calvary for a wonderful afternoon of singing everything from traditional oldies to contemporary hymns, in styles varying from bluegrass to jazz to gospel to Appalachian! The hymn sing will be led by Dr. Jose Rivera, a professor of Choral Music Education at UWM and Kingo's choir director, and will feature many guest musicians.
Questions? Call or email Kingo at (414) 964-2620 or email@example.com
- Mon, March 21 - Cindy Nelson Blood Drive at Richards School
- North Shore Community READS
- Indian Christian Children of Chicago Perform Passion Play
- Whitefish Bay Seeks Artists for Community Art Project 2015
- The Milwaukee Bucket List now a Book!
- Dedication of Counsell Field at Cahill Park with a No-hitter May 23
- AMERICORPS DISASTER PREPAREDNESS PROJECT - PRESENTATIONS
- New Catholic Schools Walk to Celebrate Success and Support Tuition Assistance
- Lighting Up the Night
- The Essential PT Barnum