PRESS RELEASE Contact:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Karin Jensen
Geriatric Support/Pathway Care
(414)-964-5030 phone - ext. 111
February 1, 2010
A free seminar titled “When Should I Sell? When Should I Move? and When Should I Ask for Help?” will be held at Meadowmere Northshore Assisted Living Community at 10803 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. Three experts will give information on a variety of topics.
Miriam Oliensis-Torres, MSW, LCSW, of Geriatric Support/Pathway Care, will provide an overview of issues commonly encountered in aging, and tips for older adults and families considering relocation to senior housing. Karen Wertz of Shorewest Realtors will discuss the realities of the local real estate market, renting vs. owning, the costs of selling and maintaining your home, and how to sell your home. Niedra North of Easy Chair Relocation, LLC, a senior move manager, will discuss downsizing and finding the best value for your belongings.
The seminars will be held: Tuesday, Feb. 23 from 6 – 7:30 pm and on Thursday, Feb 25 from 10am – 11:30am.
RSVP to (262) 478-2200 by February 20, 2010
Miriam Oliensis-Torres, a clinical social worker and certified geriatric care manager, has been working with older adults, adults with disabilities, and families, for thirty years. Miriam is the Founder of Geriatric Support/Pathway Care, a geriatric care management agency serving southeastern Wisconsin since 1988, and a member of the Board of Directors of the National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers.
Karen Wertz is a certified SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist) with Shorewest Realtors. Karen has 17 years experience in banking and 14 years experience in residential real estate.
Niedra North, owner of Easy Chair Relocation LLC, a Senior Move Manager, has a degree in interior design. Her green business sends as little as possible to the landfill and finds the best use for all of the owner's possessions.
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Public Meeting About Lake Michigan Water Levels and Bluff Failure
- Mequon Solo Art Show "Gala Reception" and "Meet the Artist" on Sat., July 9
- Concordia University Hosts Mequon Mayoral Candidate Forum
- Bring your treasures to Show 'n' Tell with Mike Paul
- Newcastle Place to Host Healthy Lifestyle Lecture and Lunch
- Newcastle Place to Host Holiday Craft Bazaar
- Lakeshore Symphonic Band Celebrates 40th Season
- Parenting Classes/Workshops - Most are Free
- Just Between Friends’ West Bend Consignment Sale Starts Wednesday