“The Living Earth”, an Environmental Studies School Course 2, Series IV will be offered by the Wisconsin Garden Club Federation – Milwaukee District, on November 6 and 7, 2009 from 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. daily at Havenwoods Environmental Awareness Center, 6141 N. Hopkins Street, Milwaukee, WI 53209.
This school is open to the public and all NGC Garden Club Members. Required reading for Course 2 is The National Gardener (1 year with 4 issues per year) and textbook Living in the Environment (7th edition or later) – G. Tyler Miller, Jr. available from NGC, Inc., the Internet and bookstores. This is the second course in a series of four that will be presented.
Courses will run Spring 2009, Fall 2009, Spring 2010 and Fall 2010. Anyone wishing to become an Environmental Consultant accredited by NGC, Inc., must complete all four courses and pass an open book exam on the last day of each course or you may take the course for personal enrichment. Exam fee is $5. The Environmental Studies School’s Chair is Elaine Seeliger and Registrar is Diane C. Olsen.
Please wear weather appropriate clothing and shoes as course may include outdoor activities and field trip. Course fee is $35 per day; lunch is $8.00 per day. See WCGF website http://www.wisconsingardenclub.org/page/home.jsp to down load registration form or contact local chair, Carole Hopp (email@example.com) or call 414-771-7979 for more information. WGCF Website has further information on the vocabulary list, chapters of required reading, daily schedule, map and directions to Havenwoods and Instructor curriculum vitae. Area hotel information is also available upon request.
- Exercise Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Brookfield Safety Town: Then and Now
- AAUW West Suburban Branch's Backyard Bash - A Summer Social
- Free Identity Theft Prevention program at the Brookfield Library
- Dr. Bruce Forciea Author Visit at Brookfield Public Library--New Date!
- Medicaid seminar at the Brookfield Public Library
- Discussing Mr. Mercedes at the Brookfield Library
- Civil War Veterans Remembered May 1 at Pioneer Cemetery
- Adult Coloring Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Teen Financial Literacy Program at Brookfield Public Library