LOCAL AUTHOR HOLDS BOOK SIGNING AT MYSTERY ONE BOOKSHOP;
DOES RADIO INTERVIEW ON WUWM
Greendale, WI (July 19, 2010)- Local Greendale author Alison Chambers will sign copies of her romantic suspense novel “The Secret Sentinel” at 7:00 p.m. on July 20 at Mystery One Bookstore, 2109 N. Prospect Ave., Milwaukee. She will also be interviewed on Milwaukee Public Radio’s “Lake Effect” program on WUWM, 89.7 FM. on Tuesday, July 20 at 10:45 a.m.
The romantic suspense novel, just published by the Wild Rose Press, received Five Stars from Night Owl Reviews and it was selected as a top pick, calling it a “wonderful read…I loved the characters…the background story is wonderful…look out Nora Roberts, there’s a new author on the horizon.” Romantic Times Book Reviews magazine called “the action fast-moving and the characters intriguing.”
Set in Savannah, Georgia, “The Secret Sentinel” interweaves a unique combination of American history and romance in a search for lost Confederate gold. “When a shy museum curator named Savannah Rutledge steals her father’s treasure map for an upcoming exhibit to impress her boss, she unleashes a Pandora’s box of horror,” Chambers explains. “Her father is killed and she is framed for murder. To atone for her father’s death, she and a mysterious stranger set off on a cross-country chase for the treasure. They must find three lost keys and solve three cryptic rhymes along the way.”
Alison Chambers is the pen name of Sandra Koehler, who was one of the owners of an association management firm in downtown Milwaukee. She graduated from Bay View High School and earned her bachelor’s degree from UWM. She first started writing when she was a teenager, sparked by an interest in Nancy Drew books and a desire to tell a good story. She has written six other novels and is working on her eighth.
The book is available at www.thewildrosepress.com and www.amazon.com in both electronic and print formats. “The e-book industry is flourishing, especially with the popularity of electronic readers,” Chambers said. “This is an exciting time to be a writer. The opportunities are amazing.” The Wild Rose Press is a publisher of fine romance in electronic and print formats and won as best publisher in the Preditor’s and Editor’s Readers Poll of 2009. Visit Alison Chambers on the web at www.alisonchambersromance.com
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...