PLEASE PUBLISH AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL 414.355.1120.
TEMPLE MENORAH JOINS TIKKUN HA-IR OF MILWAUKEE
Temple Menorah is the sixth synagogue in the metropolitan are to join Tikkun Ha-Ir as a Sponsoring Organization. “We are delighted,” says Judy Baruch, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s Executive Director. “Temple Menorah has a long history of service to Milwaukee’s Northwest side and will be a wonderful partner in our efforts to address issues of urban poverty.” Tikkun Ha-Ir’s mission is to encourage the Jewish community to build a more just Milwaukee through study, action and civic engagement.
Tikkun Ha-Ir’s other Sponsoring Organizations include Congregations Emanu-El Bna’i Jeshurun, Beth Israel & Shir Hadash, Lake Park Synagogue, Beth El Ner Tamid Synagogue and Hillel Milwaukee. In July, Tikkun Ha-Ir’s elected its 2010-2011 Board of Directors. Temple Menorah will also appoint delegates to the Board of Directors shortly. Rea Katz, President, Ted Bobrow, Vice President, Samara Sofian, Secretary and James Hagan, Treasurer will be joined by Rabbi Marc Berkson, synagogue delegates Cindy Cooper, Miriam Horwitz, Reenie Kavalar, Susan Ellman, Barbara Simon, Barbara Friedman, Laura Emir & Eve Eiseman and Members at Large Matt Honigman, Tobey Libber, Neil Wallace, Jacqueline Miller, Cindy Levy and Idy Goodman.
For more information, contact Judy Baruch, Executive Director, 414-247-3750, email@example.com
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...