A couple weeks ago, about 10:00 AM, I glanced out of the front window of my house and was surprised to see the street filled with police cars.
A few doors to my left was an SUV at the curb, while a few doors to my right police were searching the area around a neighbor's house.
After some inquiries I learned what the story behind the activity.
One of the residents saw 3 men taking some items, including a big screen TV out of a neighbor's house. Suspicious of what was happening, he called the police to report the activity.
The first responder was Shorewood Police Chief David Banaszynski who saw the men get in the car and start to drive off. He immediately pulled them over and took them into custody as other officers arrived to assist.
The Shorewood PD was assisted by the Whitefish Bay police, who sent units to block the street and transport one of the detainees.
Over $8000 of stolen items were found in their car. They are being looked at by a number of surrounding communities for similar type burglaries.
Thank you to my neighbor who called in the suspicious activity, and to the SHWD and WFB Police Departments for the quick response. Community Policing really does work.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...