Hockey players, hockey coaches, hockey fans and Olympics enthusiasts are invited to hear former Olympic hockey player Lane MacDonald speak about his hockey experiences. MacDonald will talk at University School of Milwaukee on Thursday, February 18th at 7:00 p.m. Please come hear MacDonald talk about the ways his early preparation helped him move to the highest levels of hockey success.
During his visit to University School, Lane MacDonald will skate in a pick up hockey game with the USM Varsity and JV players during the team's daily optional Morning Skate time before school. He will then speak at three assemblies of the students in USMs Lower, Middle, and Upper schools. After joining the USM teams at practice in the afternoon, MacDonald will speak to the public in USMs Virginia Henes Theater at 7:00 p.m.
Lane MacDonald played youth hockey at the Milwaukee Winter Club on University School's ice rink. He played high school hockey at University School. His father, former NHL player, Lowell MacDonald, was the hockey coach for USM at the time. USM won two state championships while Lane MacDonald was on the team.
Thanks to the education he received at University School, Lane MacDonald went to Harvard University and played hockey for the Crimson. He led Harvard to its only NCAA national championship in 1989. In the finals of the Frozen Four, MacDonald scored against Minnesota in Harvard's 4-3 overtime win. Lane MacDonald won the Hobey Baker Award, college hockey's highest honor, for his play during the 1988-1989 season. While at Harvard, MacDonald took time off to play for the US Olympic team in the 1988 Olympics in Calgary, Canada. He was drafted by the NHLs Calgary Flames.
MacDonald was also a member of the 1992 U.S. Olympic hockey team. But was unable to play in Lugano because of head injuries he had suffered in high school football and during his hockey career.
Lane MacDonald was elected to the USA Hockey Hall of Fame in 2005.
Lane MacDonald graduated from Harvard with a Bachelor's degree in Economics. He later attended Stanford Business School. That education led him to a job as a financial manager for Harvard University in Boston.
If you plan to come hear Lane MacDonald speak, University School is located at 2100 W. Fairy Chasm Road, River Hills, WI. Telephone: 414-540-3300.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...