Nationally-acclaimed writer and speaker Philip Chard, whose column "Out of My Mind" appears in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel each week, will speak on the topic "Realistic Optimism: Meeting the Challenges of Change During Trying Times" in a free event at the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay on Sunday, January 31 at 7:00 pm.
The talk will be preceded by dessert at 6:30 pm. There is no charge to attend, and the event is open to the public.
Philip Chard is being presented by the church's "Sandwich Generation" group, which exists to provide assistance for those "sandwiched" between caring for children in the home and caring for their own elderly parents. Chard's talk is expected to cover more than just those issues, however, as it will deal with people's capacity to change whenever difficult times come into their lives. Don't miss this special opportunity to hear Philip Chard in Whitefish Bay!
- "Jesus Christ Superstar" Begins Saturday At Bay Shore Lutheran Church
- Capuchin Friar Speaks to St. Monica 5th Graders
- Holy Family Parish Celebrates Itself
- Upcoming Lecture at Concordia Focuses on Renewed Creation
- Popular Writer Philip Chard to Speak at WFB Church
- Perspectives On World Christian Movement Starts Jan. 11th.
- Now UGC Story Religion
- Pancakes and Prayer at Kingo Church in Shorewood
- Fer Whatever is Ailin' Ya, 'Cotton Patch Gospel' Is Good for the Soul!
- Eco Focus Play to Be Presented Sunday April 26th