Nationally-acclaimed writer and speaker Philip Chard, whose column "Out of My Mind" appears in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel each week, will speak on the topic "Realistic Optimism: Meeting the Challenges of Change During Trying Times" in a free event at the United Methodist Church of Whitefish Bay on Sunday, January 31 at 7:00 pm.
The talk will be preceded by dessert at 6:30 pm. There is no charge to attend, and the event is open to the public.
Philip Chard is being presented by the church's "Sandwich Generation" group, which exists to provide assistance for those "sandwiched" between caring for children in the home and caring for their own elderly parents. Chard's talk is expected to cover more than just those issues, however, as it will deal with people's capacity to change whenever difficult times come into their lives. Don't miss this special opportunity to hear Philip Chard in Whitefish Bay!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...