Friday, December 4 (5 - 8 pm)
Saturday, December 5 (9 am - 4 pm)
WHEN SHOPPERS ARRIVE AT THE INTERNATIONAL GIFT SHOP, snuggled into the woods on the west bank of the Milwaukee River, they find a colorful and eclectic mix of art and hand-made crafts from Africa, Asia—and Wisconsin. Many of the gift items are imported and others are donated by local Quaker artisans. New vendors this year offer African masks, gourd art, basketry, and Hmong crafts in addition to all the products that have characterized this unique event for the past 38 years!
The International Gift Shop is Friday, December 4 from 5 to 8 in the evening, and Saturday, December 5, from 9 in the morning to 4 in the afternoon. It's held at the Quaker Meetinghouse, 3224 North Gordon Place, Milwaukee. Access is at the end of Auer Ave, east from Humboldt Blvd between Locust St and Capitol Dr. Shoppers may park free in the school parking lot near the Meeting House.
Shoppers may rest and refresh themselves during the day in the Friends Café, organized and staffed as a special project by Quaker teenagers. They will be serving hot drinks, hearty soups, breads, and homemade baked goods.
Cash and checks only, please. Entrance to the Gift Shop is free.
The proceeds of the International Gift Shop support two non-profit Quaker organizations: the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) and Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL). Founded during World War I, AFSC supports self-help projects at home and abroad, and seeks non-violent alternatives to resolve conflicts at all levels of human interaction around the world. FCNL is a nationwide network of people from many different races, religions, and cultures. It advocates social and economic justice, peace, and good government. FCNL was founded in 1943.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...