Pathologist Dr. Alexandra Harrington Joins College Faculty
Alexandra Harrington, M.D., has been appointed assistant professor of pathology at The Medical College of Wisconsin and to the medical staff at Froedtert Hospital, a major teaching affiliate of the College. Board certified in anatomical and clinical pathology, she specializes in diagnosing diseases of the blood, bone marrow and lymph nodes.
Dr. Harrington’s research interests include the application of flow cytometry to the diagnosis of bone marrow disorders such as myelodysplastic syndromes, and ancillary studies in multiple myeloma, including flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry. Immunohistochemistry is stain that detects proteins in tissues that are associated with a variety of diseases.
She completed a hematopathology fellowship in 2009 and a residency in anatomical and clinical pathology in 2008, both at the Medical College.
Dr. Harrington received her medical degree from the Medical College in 2004 and a bachelor of science in medical technology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1998.
- Ebenezer's Pareting Tip: What is Helicopter Parenting?
- Build a Lego City!
- Anansi Puppet Story and Craft
- MCW researchers to study airway management in out-of-hospital cardiac arrest
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!