The School District of Brown Deer's Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 20, in the Middle School gymansium at 7:00 p.m. All residents of Brown Deer who are US citizens, 18 years of age or older, and who have resided in the Village for at least 10 days are eligible to vote a tax for the operation of the schools per Wisconsin statute.
A budget will be presented that has been constructed to meet the operational needs of the schools. It represents the lowest possible tax levy to preserve class sizes, quality programming, and opportunities for all children while also seeking to lessen the impact on village taxpayers during these difficult economic times.
During the past year monthly meetings were held with the Finance and Facilities Committee, the Teaching and Learning Committee, and the Board of Education to diligently prioritize adjustments and reductions across all levels of district operations. It is the responsibility of the elected school board working with the administration and staff to identify and advocate for the programs and services our children need to be successful in their futures. What is proposed meets those needs in a responsible way - for students and taxpayers.
Plan now to join us on October 20 to learn more and to focus not only on the short term needs of our children, but also the long term needs that will shape the district's future and the future of our Brown Deer community.
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"