Parents Advocating for Cultural Equality & Educational Excellence (PACE3) presents Suburban Schools: The New Multicultural Learning Environment? on Thursday, October 1 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Whitefish Bay High School Cafeteria. The presentation by Dr. Thandeka Chapman, Association Professor of Urban Education in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at the University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee will be the featured speaker. The event includes a light supper and is free and open to the public.
Dr. Chapman's talk will focus on suburban schools as the new centers of cultural diversity; what demographic changes mean for parents, teachers and schools; and how schools and families can cultivate successful relationships that support ALL students' social, emotional and academic growth.
Dr. Chapman recently co-edited The History of Multicultural Education in the U.S.
Co-sponsors for this event are Advocates for Education, the Multi-Ethnic Parent Association, and the school districts of Brown Deer, Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Mequon-Thiensville, Nicolet, Shorewood, University School, Wauwatosa and Whitefish Bay.
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"