Havenwoods State Forest and Environmental Awareness Center and Friends of Havenwoods, Inc., will hold their annual Fall NatureFest on Saturday, October 10, 2009.This event will take place at Havenwoods located at 6141 N. Hopkins Street in Milwaukee from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The theme of the free festival is “Snakes are Ssspectacular!” A host of indoor and outdoor activities will interest guests of all ages. Adaptation stations offer the chance to touch, experiment, and learn about snakes and other reptiles. Live animal programs are scheduled throughout the day, and give an up close and personal look at individual snakes, turtles, and toads.
Festival-goers can take a snake hike or play the Snake Survival Game, in which players try to survive as a gartersnake. At the Snake Trivia Challenge computer station, visitors can test their knowledge of Wisconsin snakes. A few of the other snake – related activities include painting a snake rock, designing a spiral snake, and making a sizzling soda snake.
Lunch and snacks as well as books and gifts will be available for purchase. Proceeds benefit the Friends of Havenwoods and the DNR Bureau of Endangered Resources.
Havenwoods State Forest is a 237-acre nature preserve in the heart of Milwaukee, featuring nearly six miles of trails, weekly nature activities, and field trips for school and youth groups. Admission into the park is free; no park sticker is needed. For more information, call (414) 527-0232 or visit www.friendsofhavenwoods.org.
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Mequon resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Summer Concert Series at Sinai
- Used Book Sale to Benefit Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin