Help Make a Difference in the School Year of another Student
Every year, thousands of children attend school without the necessary supplies. The YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee’s Urban Campus Board, in partnership with community donors and volunteers, hope to change this reality for school-aged children in Milwaukee. The “Backpacks for Strong Kids” program will provide backpacks filled with school supplies to 3,000 area children for the 2009-2010 school year.
How can you help? We need donations. Backpacks may be donated new or gently used. Many times, kids get a new backpack each year—why not donate your son or daughter’s backpack from last year? Donations are being collected at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA, located at the YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Village on 9250 N. Green Bay Road.
School supplies are also needed. Please consider donating one or more of the following: Ballpoint pens, #2 pencils, cap erasers, colored pencils, crayons, erasers, hand-held pencil sharpeners, Kleenex, loose leaf paper, markers, pocket folders, protractors, rulers, scissors, spiral notebooks, three-ring binders and Ziploc bags.
Should you have any questions or want to participate in the Backpacks for Kids drive, please contact Rafael Garcia at 414-374-9441 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let’s take action and provide students with the supplies necessary to succeed!
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- J&B Construction Company Suggests Best Siding for Wisconsin Weather
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Annual Water Quality Report Available
- Glendale's Fourth of July Community Celebration
- Zentangle with a Wisconsin Theme
- Support for K9s Keeps "Brewing"
- Come visit us for Pioneer Kids Day "Down on the Farm"