The Milwaukee County Ethics Code Study Committee has been awarded the Public Policy Forum’s 2009 “Salute to Local Government” Award for Government Transparency and Ethics. Supervisor Joseph Rice, who initiated and chaired the Committee, accepted the award on behalf of the Committee during the Public Policy Forum’s 17th Annual Award Breakfast.
“This award comes as gratifying recognition for the Committee’s hard work over the last two years and acknowledges the importance of setting and maintaining high ethical standards in Milwaukee County,” Supervisor Rice said.
The “Salute to Local Government” Award for Government Transparency and Ethics is the Public Policy Forum’s most prestigious award and is given to those who demonstrate a high degree of excellence in improving government ethical standards. The Public Policy Forum has been Milwaukee’s leading government watchdog group and has provided quality independent and non-partisan research since 1913.
Members of the Ethics Code Study Committee included Supervisor Joseph Rice, Robert Andrews, Rick Ceschin, Hannah Dugan, Charles Mulcahy, and Dr. Joan Prince.
The Committee’s recommendations resulted in a comprehensive revision of the county’s ethics laws to make them more user-friendly, and easy to understand. Also instituted was a robust education and training program for those subject to the code and a new protocol with the District Attorney’s Office in acting upon ethics complaints.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...