On Wednesday night, July 1st, 135 people filled the River Club at Hubbard Park to participate in the kick-off of the membership drive to open the Open Book Coop by fall 2009.
Open Book will be a member launched operation, looking to raise $175,000 by September 1st, and the crowd was a good indication of the local enthusiasm for the idea.
That night 37 people signed up with many more taking membership applications. By the end of the week on July 3rd, nearly $10,000 in memberships were raised.
Through the summer the remainder will be raised through community networking on the internet and face to face, and with a series of house parties.
Open Book will be located in Shorewood, and will have 4,000 sq ft of retail space with about 400 sq ft dedicated to a coffee shop.
Many of the original Harry W. Schwartz staff will be working at Open Book. The store will provide full and part time employment for 15 people.
For more information about Open Book or to sign up as a member, go to www.openbookcoop.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...