Volunteers both young and old, as well as families, youth groups, schools, businesses and churches are invited to take part in the Keep America Beautiful 2009 Great American Cleanup with the official Community Cleanup Day kick-off event starting on April 18th from 9am to noon at Gordon Park, 1321 E. Locust Ave in Milwaukee. Cleanup supplies will be provided. Participants should bring their own gloves, if available.
Participants are encouraged to join in litter cleanup, park, roadway, river and lake cleanup, or beautification projects. On Saturday, April 18th from 9am to noon cleanups will take place at the following Milwaukee County Parks:
Cudahy Park at 3000 E. Ramsey Ave.
Falk Park at 2031 W. Rawson Ave.
Sheridan and Warnimont Parks at 4800 S. Lake Drive
Grant Park at 100 E. Hawthorne Ave.
Humboldt Park at 3000 S. Howell Ave.
Lake Park at 3233 E. Kenwood Boulevard
Lakefront Bike & Trail Bluffs meet at McKinley Marina Parking Lot 1750 N. Lincoln Memorial Dr.
South Shore Park at 2900 S. South Shore Dr.
Washington Park at 1859 N. 40th Street
Whitnall Park/ Potters Forest at 5879 S. 92nd Street
Last year in greater Milwaukee alone over 45,000 volunteers worked diligently to clean and beautify local communities. Interested parties may sign up to become a site coordinator or cleanup volunteer by visiting the website at www.kgmb.org. For additional information or to receive a paper copy of the registration form, please contact Karolynn Pohl at (414) 272-5462 x104.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...