News Release - Milwaukee County Supervisor Rice Reacts to County Executive's Financial Reform Plan
March 25, 2009...Milwaukee, WI – Following County Executive Scott Walker’s Plan for Financial Reform, Milwaukee County Supervisor Joseph Rice issued the following statement:
“The County Executive has prescribed a hefty dose of fiscal medicine to address the county’s grim long term financial diagnosis. While it may not be pleasant, it’s high time the county act upon the dire symptoms and seek meaningful cures.
I concur with the assessment of the Public Policy Forum that county elected officials have for too long relied upon quick-fix, band-aid solutions. We need to acknowledge that the status quo is broken and that more far-reaching alternatives, albeit unpleasant ones, must be developed.
The County Executive has outlined a series of bold steps in employee compensation, service delivery, utilization of county assets, and budget process reforms. While I will seek to minimize the impact of these reforms on the county employee workforce, without significant changes the county’s financial viability is in question.
I applaud the County Executive for setting forth a series of steps to put the county on the road to recovery and urge my colleagues on the county board to heed the warnings of the Public Policy Forum and others to abandon the short-term fix mentality.”
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...