May 29, "Get Aboard the Agape: Richard R. Pieper, Sr. & Friends Share Stories of their Voyage Around the Globe!"
Richard R. Pieper, Sr., Board Chair of PPC Partners, Inc. (which includes Milwaukee’s PIEPERPOWER), and several of his friends who accompanied him on his sailboat as he circumnavigated the world will share their adventures on Thursday, May 29, 2014 at 5 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
Pieper, an entrepreneur, community leader and philanthropist, is the recipient of the 2013 American Patriot of Character Award, given by the Character Education Partnership, a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit coalition of organizations and individuals based in Washington, DC.
He recently donated his collection of nautical charts and books related to his voyage to the American Geographical Society Library.
Joining him at the talk will be fellow sailors Sandy & Ken Dziubek, Tom Dalum, Fred Horwitz, Dan Fetterley, and Rick Pieper.
The free event, “Get Aboard the Agape: Richard R. Pieper, Sr. & Friends Share Stories of Their Voyage Around the Globe,” is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries and the Friends of the UWM Golda Meir Library.
Public parking is available in the UWM Union parking garage, 2200 E. Kenwood Ave.
For more information or special needs, call 414-229-6282 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...