Paula Krukar, science teacher at Whitefish Bay High School, was presented the Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association, District IV, Challenge Award by WREA Executive Director, David Bennett, and WREA Treasurer, Douglas Chickering, at the school’s faculty meeting on Tuesday, April 29th. “Putting the Fun Back In Science” was the award winning entry from Krukar.
The Challenge Award program gives $2,000 grants annually, in each of WREA’s five districts, in recognition of an innovative educational program. Krukar accepted the check and a small red wagon symbolizing the assistance every child needs from a caring adult. On May 15th, Krukar will be a guest at the WREA District IV meeting. She will share with those in attendance specifics of “Putting the Fun Back In Science”.
The Wisconsin Retired Educators’ Association is a state wide organization of retired public school teachers with over 13,500 members and 66 local units. The Milwaukee Area Retired Teachers’ Association (MARTA) is the local unit that encompasses Whitefish Bay High School and all other public school districts in Milwaukee County. Since 1951, WREA has served as a professional organization representing Wisconsin’s retired education community and supporting public education in numerous ways including student scholarships and teacher grants.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...