Whitefish Bay residents will have an opportunity to “Explore Remodeling’s Finest”, with four recently completed renovation projects in the city part of the 15th annual Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc. The event will allow attendees to view 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes will feature the following renovation project in Whitefish Bay:
• Advantage Carpentry and Remodeling: Second Story Master Suite Addition and Kitchen Remodel • 5108 N. Idlewild Avenue
The first floor renovation included a modern design that required the removal of multiple walls and the partial opening of one dividing wall between the kitchen and dining area, while still leaving the cove ceiling detail intact. Both white and gray painted cabinetry was incorporated, along with quartz countertops for the main areas. The kitchen window was replaced with a sliding unit that allowed for additional light and fresh air. The oak hardwood floors were laced in and stained a deep brown throughout the first floor. Stainless steel appliances were used to provide a bit of attitude and function for this space. The second floor design required the full removal of the existing roof structure. The new second story addition includes a large master bedroom, a pass through style large walk-in closet, a master bathroom that includes a soaking tub with a custom curved wrap around tile faucet wall, and a comfortable, open living space. Double hung windows were installed at all new openings, along with lap and shake style siding with a white trim on the exterior.
• Cream City Construction/Louis Anthony Custom Cabinetry (team entry): Whole House Remodel • 5830 N. Shore Drive
The Tudor-style home experienced an entire first floor renovation. The kitchen was relocated into the former family room, which allowed for a new library/study within the old kitchen. The new kitchen space provides more space, plus a newly created mudroom. In addition to the living and dining rooms being remodeled, the sunroom was converted to a new family room and home office.
• Froze′ Design-Build: Two-Story Addition • 4512 N. Cramer Street
A post-Modern home was renovated with a Contemporary two-story addition, featuring a new kitchen, family room, and master bedroom suite with his and her walk-in closets and tile bath. The addition also includes a home office/fourth bedroom and a two-car garage. The project features granite countertops with a tile backsplash and hardwood flooring.
• S.J. Janis Company: Master Suite and Family Room Addition • 5011 N. Idlewild Avenue
Having outgrown this 1930’s Cream City brick Colonial, the homeowners decided on a two-story master suite and family room addition to meet their expanding needs, remain near good neighbors, and stay in the same school system. The new addition enhanced the family’s lifestyle with an efficient mudroom entry and covered porch, an enlarged family room off the kitchen with natural light and entertainment opportunities, and a second-story master suite. This phase of the renovation also included a new front entry with a stamped walkway, second story bathroom remodel, additional storage, and refinished hardwood flooring.
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...