At 1pm today Shorewood Small Plates begins at Three Lions Pub.
Attention foodies, Shorewood BID presents Small Plates Week, April 22-27, a new event which offers the perfect chance to sample great neighborhood cuisine without taking a bite out of your wallet. Over 20 Shorewood restaurants and food businesses have created one or more delicious small plate items priced from $3.00-$8.00.
Small Plates Week gives local food & beverage establishments the opportunity to spotlight their Chef’s talent and creativity through original small plate concepts or to showcase existing menu or store items that are available at a special price. The menu includes appetizers, small entrees and desserts with something to please everyone in the family.
Three Lions Pub is happily taking part with three wonderful choices. We have put a spin on a traditional British Starter, Entree, and Dessert.
Starter - Prawn Cocktail - $7
Three extra large Shrimp buttered and basted in beer. Served on top of baby lettuce and drizzed with our Chefs Marie Rose sauce.
Entree - Pasty Duo - $7
Cheese and Onion Pasty
Creamy cheddar cheesy potatoes, with sauteed white and green onions, wrapped in a lovely crispy golden brown puff pastry.
Pork and Sausage Pasty
Ground pork, English bangers, with green onions and potato. All cased and baked in a golden brown puff pastry.
Served with arugula and mixed green salad drizzled with our chefs citrus vinaigrette.
Dessert - Sticky Toffee Delight - $4
Rich golden, "sticky" toffee cakes, with dates served a la mode, drizzled with caramel rum sauce, crème anglaise and chefs raspberry sauce.
The Pasty was originally created by Cornish miner’s wives who wanted to create a new “sandwich” that the miners could brush the coal dust off. Pasties have been a British favorite since with a variety of fillings. Incidentally many of these minors emigrated to the work in mines in the U.P. which is why Pasty’s can be found in a number of restaurants “Up North!”
See More: https://www.facebook.com/events/237502683118966/
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Mequon resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Summer Concert Series at Sinai
- Used Book Sale to Benefit Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin