The Shorewood Senior Resource Center (SSRC) will hold its fourth annual wellness morning, "Spring into Wellness," on Wednesday, April 2. It will take place from 9 a.m. - noon at the Resource Center, which is located on the lower level of the Shorewood Library, 3920 N. Murray Ave. All workshops and presentations are free.
From 9 a.m. - noon, there will be private memory screenings; vision, hearing, balance and cardiac wellness screenings; hand grip strength evaluations, blood pressure checks and more. Healthy snacks, coffee and tea will be available free of charge throughout the morning.
Special demonstrations and workshops include: a Zumba Gold class from 9:15 - 9:45 a.m. with Mimi Oxman; a relaxation class, "Developing Positive Emotional Habits/The Emotional Habits of Happy People,' with certified Stress Management Consultant Elizabeth Lewis from 10 - 11:30 a.m.; a Feldenkreis demonstration with Laura Sebastian from 10:30 - 10:45 a.m.; and a sampling of vegetable chickpea curry, a vegetarian Indian dish prepared by Sivakumari Pattormadom Parvati, from 11:30 a.m. - noon. Door prizes will be drawn every hour.
For more information, contact Elizabeth Price, Coordinator of the SSRC, at (414) 847-2727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...