Beverly Fay, a member of the National Valentine Collectors Association, will speak to the Glendale Senior Citizens' Club on Wednesday, February 12, at 1:30 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Ms. Fay has been collecting valentines for over twenty years and has about 2,000 rare and historic valentines.
Her presentation covers the story of St. Valentine (276 A.D.)to the present, but primarily centers on the Victorian Era (1807-1901). A special focus is on handmade valentines through the Industrial Era and the many personal, poignant, and amusing stories of this most romantic day of the year.
Actual valentines will be displayed, along with more on a slide presentation. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Refreshments follow this free lecture. Call (414) 540-2100 with further questions.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...