The Glendale Senior Citizen's Club will watch "42" in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, at 1 p.m. Wednesday, September 25. The film tells the story of two men: Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson (Chadwick Boseman) and Brooklyn Dodger General Manager Branch Rickey (Harrison Ford), who changed the game of baseball in 1946 with the signing of an African-American. The focus is on the 1947 Dodgers season in which Robinson faces unabashed racism and ultimately wins over fans and his teammates, paving the way for others to follow.
Rachel Robinson, the widow of Jackie Robinson, was very involved in the production. The movie earned more than any other baseball movie on its first weekend in release. Nonmembers are always welcome at club events. Call (414) 540-2100 with questions.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...