Throughout the month of April, North Shore Congregational Church in Fox Point will be sponsoring an Athletic Shoe Recycling Drive to collect used athletic shoes that will be fashioned into athletic surfaces throughout the city. This effort, in conjunction with the Interfaith Earth Network of Milwaukee, will forward the congregation’s mission of protecting the environment by helping to keep rubber soles out of landfills. Once collected, the athletic shoes will be donated to Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful’s Reuse a Shoe program, which will repurpose the shoes into surface material that can be used on playgrounds, basketball courts, or running tracks.
All donated shoes should be placed in bags and deposited at any church entrance. Donations will be accepted on Sunday mornings or 9am - 3 pm weekdays. All donations are tax deductible and receipts will be available at the entrances.
Please no metal cleats, spikes, heels, dress shoes, boots or sandals.
What: Athletic Shoe Recycling Drive
Where: North Shore Congregational Church
7330 North Santa Monica Boulevard
Fox Point, WI 53217-3597
When: Donations accepted Mon – Fri 9am – 3pm and Sunday mornings
North Shore Congregational Church is a welcoming Christian Community working together to grow and deepen our relationship with God and others. You are welcome here.
For additional information, please contact Barb Holzhauer at 414-793-6385 or email@example.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...