Shorewood Resident’s Business Honored by U.S. Secretary of Defense as “Patriotic Employer”
Shorewood, Wis. – Division 10 Personnel, one of Milwaukee’s most longstanding and successful personnel recruiting firms, has been honored by the Office of the U.S. Secretary of Defense as a “Patriotic Employer.”
Division 10 Personnel is owned by Wendy Koppel, a Shorewood resident since 1998. The award recognizes Division 10 Personnel “for contributing to national security and protecting liberty and freedom by supporting employee participation in America’s National Guard and Reserve Force.”
The honor reflects Division 10 Personnel’s commitment to employing members of the armed forces. The firm’s team of experienced personnel recruiters includes Roy Resto, a U.S. Air Force Master Sergeant, and Craig Casetta, a 10-year veteran of the U.S. Army.
“We are both proud and humbled to receive this recognition from the U.S. Secretary of Defense,” Koppel said. “Any adjustments that our company makes to accommodate the schedules of military employees are small compared with the sacrifices they make to serve and protect us, their fellow citizens.”
The Patriot Award “reflects the efforts made to support Citizen Warriors through a wide-range of measures including flexible schedules, time off prior to and after deployment, caring for families and granting leaves of absence if needed,” according to Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a Department of Defense agency.
The award is personal for Koppel, who has owned Division 10 Personnel since 1993. She comes from a family with many members who served in the armed forces.
In 2010, Koppel launched AeroStaff, which specializes in matching workers with often precisely-defined, highly-technical positions in the aerospace and defense industries. She has signed a Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve, which commits AeroStaff to encouraging the hiring of military members and veterans.
Founded in 1981, Division 10 Personnel has a longstanding track record of successfully recruiting professional and technical employees to meet clients’ needs across a diverse spectrum of industries. The firm is certified as a Woman Business Enterprise.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...