Festival City Symphony will begin its 2012-2013 "Symphony Sundays" series with a concert entitled From the New World on Sunday, October 7, 2012, at 3:00 p.m. at the Pabst Theater, 144 E. Wells Street.
The orchestra will perform Dvorak's energetic, yet pastoral "Symphony No. 9, From the New World" and Louis Moreau Gottschalk's "Cakewalk," a series of five of his piano pieces arranged for orchestra by Hershey Kay, including "Grand Walkaround," "Magic Act," and "Wild Pony."
All "Symphony Sundays" performances include descriptive program information from the stage by Conductor Monte Perkins. Education Director Jayne Perkins will present Children's Program Notes at 2:45 p.m. to help children become familiar with the music they are about to hear. Symphony Sundays concerts are best suited for children grade 2 and older.
Admission to each concert is $14 for adults and $8 for children, students, and seniors. Early-bird season ticket packs are available through October 1, 2012, in several categories – a season Family Pack admits an entire family to all four concerts for just $75; Couples Packs admit two people to all four concerts for $72; a Single Adult Pack admits one adult to all four concerts for just $50; and a Senior or Student Pack admits one adult over age 60 or a student to all four concerts for $28. Information about purchasing season ticket packs and group tickets may be obtained by calling Festival City Symphony at 414-963-9067 or by visiting festivalcitysymphony.org. Individual tickets may be purchased by calling the Pabst Theater Box Office at 414-286-3663 or online at pabsttheater.org.
Milwaukee's Festival City Symphony, the oldest performing symphony orchestra in the area, showcases area professional musicians. Its mission is to extend the reach of classical music in the community with reasonable pricing and informative formats that embrace people of all ages. For more information, visit festivalcitysymphony.org or call 414-963-9067.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Railway Adventure Trip
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- 15th Stu's Flooring Benefit Golf Outing Tees Off
- 40th Anniversary of the SM 1976 State Basketball Champs
- South Milwaukee Downtown Market temporarily moves for Evening on the Avenue Street Festival
- St Francis School District Rummage Sale
- South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center Presents: The Donny McCaslin Group- Musicians on David Bowie's Blackstar