Attend “A Small Business User Guide to the Affordable Healthcare Act (ACA)” on Sunday, August 26 at the North Shore Presbyterian Church, to discover how you can benefit from the ACA, while attracting quality employees. Small business owners need accurate information about how the Affordable Healthcare Act will affect them, and how they can save money when providing health benefits to their employees. Over the past decade, average annual family premiums for workers at small firms increased by 123%, from $5,700 in 1999 to $12,700 in 2009, while the percentage of small firms offering coverage fell from 65 to 59% because costs were just too high.
“A Small Business User Guide to the ACA” will include speakers and specifics relevant to small business owners. The moderator will be Professor Susan Giaimo of Marquette University. Speakers include: Bob De Vita, CEO of Common Ground; Robert Kraig of Citizen Action of WI; Dan Stemper, small business owner; and Michael Grenber of Assurant Health. A Question/Answer Panel will conclude the presentations. Doors open at 6:00 and the program begins at 6:30 at the North Shore Presbyterian Church, 4048 N. Bartlett Ave., Shorewood (Enter the northeast door facing Oakland Ave.). Refreshments will be served. Small businesses of all types should gain useful knowledge from these presentations.
For additional information on the event, please contact Grassroots Northshore Coordinator Keith Schmitz at (414) 963-0847.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...