Historian John Eastberg, along with E.J. Brumder, will discuss the impact of George Brumder (1839-1910), the nation's leading publisher of German-language literature, on Milwaukee and the wider German-American community, at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, August 3, 2012 at the UWM Hefter Conference Center.
The UWM Libraries hold one of the largest collections of Brumder publications.
John Eastberg has been the historian for the Pabst Mansion for over 12 years and holds an MA from Marquette in 19th century American history with an emphasis on the Gilded Age.
E.J. Brumder, the Brumder family historian, is the co-author of "German Milwaukee: Its History, Its Recipes."
“The Voice of Germania: George Brumder's Milwaukee” is free and open to the public. Limited seating requires reservations. Please reserve by July 30 by contacting Ana Conant (414) 229-3293 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The UWM Hefter Conference Center is located at 3271 Lake Drive. For more information about the event, please call 414-229-2811.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...