Eastcastle Place Senior Living Community Announces Promotion of Michele Dorszynski to Aquatic and Fitness Specialist
Milwaukee, July 11, 2012— Milwaukee senior living community Eastcastle Place today announced the promotion of Michele Dorszynski to Aquatic and Fitness Specialist. In this new position Dorszynski will lead group fitness programs on land and water, conduct personal training sessions with individual residents and maintain the pool and equipment, while ensuring the safety and wellness of all residents.
“Michele has been an excellent addition to the Eastcastle staff,” said Matt Furno, President and CEO of Eastcastle Place. “We are confident that she will contribute many innovative ideas and practices to the Aquatic and Fitness department.”
Dorszynski, 23, joined Eastcastle Place in 2011 as a Recreation Specialist. Previously, she worked as the lead teacher at the Indian Community School and led an outdoor ropes and rock wall course at a facility in Oshkosh, Wis. She also studied outdoor adventure in Hawaii where she was able to hike, kayak and surf daily, which cultivated a well-rounded understanding of different outdoor activities. Dorszynski graduated from University of Wisconsin Oshkosh with a degree in physical education and a minor in health education with an emphasis in outdoor adventure.
Dorszynski currently belongs to the Health Physical Education Recreation (HPER) group at University of Wisconsin Oshkosh as well as the American Physical Education Recreation and Dance (APHERD) association and the Big Brother/Big Sister program. Other certifications include personal training from the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid and Outdoor Adventure.
About Eastcastle Place
Founded as Milwaukee Protestant Home in 1884 by a group of public-spirited women, Eastcastle Place has earned an exemplary reputation by providing compassionate care to seniors throughout the metropolitan Milwaukee area. Along with Newcastle Place, its sister community in Mequon, Wis., Eastcastle Place is a continuing care retirement community that offers elegant and upscale independent living apartments and vast amenities. This vibrant senior community also offers assisted living, memory support, rehabilitation, and skilled nursing. For more information, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- Off Broadway Salon Celebrate's 30 Years
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Fill the Bus to be held August 6
- Wii Olympics for Adults at Brookfield Public Library
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Join us at the Sussex Farmers Market - Sundays from 9:30 - 1
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator