MILWAUKEE (Oct. 14, 2011) – Tickets are now available for the 17th annual Evening of Hope event benefiting Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Evening of Hope recognizes the thousands of lives affected by domestic violence each year in the Milwaukee community. This annual event is held in hopes of raising awareness and support, so Sojourner Family Peace Center can continue to be a safe haven for survivors. This year’s event will take place Thursday, Nov. 3, at the Bradley Center.
“Milwaukee continues to experience escalating rates of domestic violence. This event is an opportunity for community members to recognize the reality of this critical issue and learn that together, we can treat it at every level. More importantly, this support gives hope to those who have been affected by domestic violence, and offers the strength to believe that things can and will improve,” said Angela Mancuso, executive director of Sojourner Family Peace Center.
Evening of Hope will feature a live auction with prizes that include a private dining experience for eight at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, a Park City, UT getaway and a vacation package at the American Club in Kohler, Wis. With a $20 donation, guests also have the opportunity to pull a “surprise” bottle of wine.
The annual fundraising event will be held in the West Atrium at the Bradley Center. Registration is at 6 p.m. followed by a cocktail hour, remarks by District Attorney John Chisholm, program and live auction. In addition to premier food stations, hand-passed hors d’oeuvres and complimentary beer, wine and soda, music will be provided by Milwaukee’s own 5 Card Studs.
Individual tickets are $150; $90 is tax-deductible. Those who purchase 10 tickets receive a special rate of $1,000. Corporate sponsorship packages are also available. Proceeds directly assist in everything from food and child-care supplies to securing facilitators for group sessions and transportation to safety.
Sponsors of the 17th annual Evening of Hope are: Berghammer Construction Corporation; Ernst & Young LLP; Quarles & Brady LLP; Rapport Leadership International, Scribner Cohen & Company; von Briesen & Roper s.c.; Wisconsin Energy Foundation.
For sponsorship opportunities or more information, contact Courtney Meyer at 414-276-1911 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To seek help from an abusive situation, call the 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline at 414-933-2722.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...