“Great Times for Great Causes” is what Mel’s Pig Roast Inc. stands for. This dedicated group specializes in events that provide funding for local Special Needs Organizations and local scholarship funds in memory of individuals who have touched our lives and the community.
“This event has grown over the last 12 years into a much anticipated community event,” says James Hurd, General Manger at C.H. Coakley & Co. “This year C.H. Coakley will provide transportation for the event’s rentals, temporary storage for supplies and provide volunteers to help before and after the weekend. We are honored to be a part of it.”
This weekend, Mel’s Pig Roast is in full swing, taking place at Cedars III, W53 N404 Park Lane in Cedarburg, WI. Saturday features the family friendly run/walk beginning at 9am. Afterwards enjoy a day of live music from Dr. Woo as well as refreshments and fun!
On Sunday, from 11am until 7pm, guests will revel in the fabulous pig roast, as well as roast turkey, delicious side dishes, soda, beer, Bloody Marys and Robert's Frozen Custard. The Mission River Band will be playing live and there is a hole-in-one contest, a silent auction, bean bag toss and a raffle. Tickets are $30 and you must be 21 to attend.
Also on Sunday is the Mel’s Pig Roast HOG ride from 9am – 1:30pm. Check out www.melspigroast.com for more information on the ride and all the fun activities taking place throughout the weekend.
C.H. Coakley is a business-management solutions firm located in Milwaukee, Wis. The firm has eight divisions; commercial moving, warehouse, logistics, records archives, secure data services, micro-graphics, printing, and portable storage. C.H. Coakley, along with its Mayflower moving division, provides a single-source solution for business operations, records management, commercial moving, and storage needs and has served over thousands of area businesses since the firm was founded by Mr. Charles H. Coakley in 1978. For more information, visit www.CHcoakley.com or call 414-372-7000.
Football Team Photo Caption:
The Cedarburg High School varsity football team volunteered to help out at Mel’s Pig Roast, unloading trucks and setting up for the event. Pictured is the team, Tim Horrigan (left), event co-founder and James Hurd (right) with C.H. Coakley & Co. Not pictured, Tom “Mel” Stanton, the other event co-founder.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...