Mequon – Unitarian Church North is hosting a household electronics recycling program on Saturday, September 10, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the church’s rear parking lot, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The cost will be $10 per car, plus $10 for each TV (no charge for PC or laptop monitors). The event is for residential electronics only (no business equipment).
Items accepted include: TVs; computers (and peripherals: keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc.); monitors; cordless and cell phones; iPods; printers (including ink and toner); scanners; fax machines; stereos; old holiday lights; extension cords; PDAs; clock radios; and other consumer electronics.
Items not accepted include: microwave ovens; dehumidifiers; other small and large appliances; batteries; light bulbs. There are no geographical restrictions related to this event.
“Fostering environmental integrity is one of the principles of the Unitarian Universalist faith, and it’s something we take seriously, “said John Hoff of the Unitarian Church North Green Committee. “We hope others in our community will take advantage of this opportunity to properly and safely dispose of their old household electronics.”
For more information, call Unitarian Church North at 262-375-3890 or visit the website: www.ucnorth.org.
- Volunteer Center - Community Volunteer Opportunities
- Free Workshop Provides Tips On How to Save a Soaked Cellphone
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- 5 Tips for Parents and Teens for Safe Summer Driving
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Wisconsin Luxury Home Market(ing) Trends
- Charter Manufacturing Purchases Mequon Office Building
- Mequon Resident is all Smiles at Froedtert Hospital
- Volunteer Center community volunteering
- Psychic & Healing Fair