Senior Residents at Eastcastle Place Learn the Benefits of Pet Therapy with Some Furry Friends at “Waggin’ Tails” Event
Residents of Eastcastle Place, a senior living community on Milwaukee’s East Side, had the opportunity to meet and interact with professionally trained therapy dogs at the community’s “Waggin’ Tails Pet Show.” The event, presented by Pets Helping People Inc., featured pet handlers demonstrating a variety of tricks and therapy techniques for the residents.
Pets Helping People Inc. taught participants the importance of maintaining a strong human-animal bond. Residents learned that interacting with the dogs can reduce stress, provide companionship and assist individuals coping with depression and anxiety.
“We held this event last year and our residents enjoyed it so much we had to invite Pets Helping People back,” said Laura Wengler, director of lifestyle services at Eastcastle Place. “They put on a great program, and showed us all firsthand how big of an impact these dogs can have on people.”
For more information about Eastcastle Place, visit www.Eastcastleplace.com or call 414.963.6151.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...