A. Fillinger Inc., a fourth generation family business, ACE Hardware store, and custom cabinetry and millwork company, offers simple tips for homeowners who want to reduce energy consumption and save money this summer.
1) Homeowners can replace their light bulbs with compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs that use a fourth of the energy and last up to 10 times longer. A. Fillinger offers the complete line of GE Energy Smart CFL bulbs, which can save as much as $59 during the life of the bulb.
2) There are several ways for homeowners to conserve water. They can start by sealing up faucet leaks, installing an aerator like the 1.5 gallon per minute ACE brand aerator, and installing a shower head with a flow restrictor for more control over the amount of water used.
3) Homeowners can stop their water heater from working unnecessarily hard by reducing the temperature to 120 degrees. They may consider upgrading to an energy efficient model with an R-value under R-25, such as the Reliance 606 series.
4) Installing a programmable thermostat that adjusts the temperature throughout the day and night will prevent paying to cool an empty house.
5) Homeowners can reduce the energy used by air conditioners by installing insulated window treatments to block the sun, and by cleaning and replacing dirty filters that block airflow.
More ideas for homeowners include the standard turning off the lights when leaving the room, unplugging electronics and appliances when not in use, addressing energy loss around windows and doors, and always looking for the Energy Star label when shopping.
Established in southeastern Wisconsin in 1938, A. Fillinger Inc. was one of the early ACE Hardware affiliates and has more than 20,000 products on-hand. The millwork division specializes in custom cabinetry and mouldings. A. Fillinger is located at 6750 N. 43rd St. in Milwaukee.
The complete guide to cutting energy expenditures, provided by ACE Hardware, is available at www.acehardware.com. A. Fillinger can be reached at 414-353-8433 and online at www.afillinger.com.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS