MILWAUKEE -- Two former lead dancers from the world-renowned stage performance Riverdance join local singers and dancers to present Celtic Roots – a true traditional Irish experience for everyone, incorporating music, song and dance.
Celtic Roots-The Show, at 7 p.m., Saturday, May 21 in Whitefish Bay, reunites Riverdance stars Sean Beglan and Nora Corrigan for the first time, sharing the stage with the local Rince Nia Irish Dancers, Danceworks and popular local and former Riverdance musicians.
“Milwaukeeans are well known for their love of Irish dance, but this show will present something different. It’s a one-evening tour of the songs and traditions I grew up with in Ireland and carried with me in Riverdance,” said Beglan, who runs the Rince Nia Academy of Irish Dance & Culture in Glendale and Cedarburg. “It will be a wonderful night of Celtic variety.”
The Rince Nia Academy dancers will feature Chelsea Holloway, dancing in her first show since placing 19th in the world at the World Irish Dancing Championships last month in Dublin, Ireland.
Former Riverdance singer Derek Byrne and local singer Mary Vey will sing age-old melodies from Ireland and Scotland, while Milwaukee Irish folk trio athas will bring its energetic rhythms on guitar, flute and bodhran drum.
Guest performers from Milwaukee’s own Danceworks will take part in an Irish dance versus American tap duel, adding a contemporary twist that makes this show rich in both talent and culture.
Showtime is 7 p.m. Saturday, May 21 in the Whitefish Bay High School Auditorium, 1200 E. Fairmount Ave.
Doors open at 6 p.m. for a silent auction and raffle. Tickets will be $18 at the door. Discounts are available by buying advance tickets at www.celticrootsshow.com, at these prices: $15 for adults, $12.50 for students and $10 for children ages 10 and under.
For more information, see: http://www.celticrootsshow.com
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...