The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch the movie "The Social Network" on Wednesday, April 27, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Non-members are welcome at this free event. For further information, call 414- 540-2100.
The movie revolves around the founding of Facebook, its creator Mark Zuckerberg, and the lawsuits filed against Zuckerberg by former friends and colleagues who accuse him of stealing their ideas. The movie features, among others, Jesse Eisenberg, pop singer Justin Timberlake, and Rashida Jones ("Parks and Recreation").
"The Social Network" appeared on the "Top 10 Movies" list of 78 film critics (22 ranked it number one) and won the Golden Globe Best Dramatic Motion Picture award for 2010. It received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for "Best Screenplay Adaptation." Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin ("West Wing") received one of the three Academy Awards given to "The Social Network."
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS