The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club will watch the movie "The Social Network" on Wednesday, April 27, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road. Non-members are welcome at this free event. For further information, call 414- 540-2100.
The movie revolves around the founding of Facebook, its creator Mark Zuckerberg, and the lawsuits filed against Zuckerberg by former friends and colleagues who accuse him of stealing their ideas. The movie features, among others, Jesse Eisenberg, pop singer Justin Timberlake, and Rashida Jones ("Parks and Recreation").
"The Social Network" appeared on the "Top 10 Movies" list of 78 film critics (22 ranked it number one) and won the Golden Globe Best Dramatic Motion Picture award for 2010. It received eight Academy Award nominations, including one for "Best Screenplay Adaptation." Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin ("West Wing") received one of the three Academy Awards given to "The Social Network."
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...