The Social Justice Committee of Unitarian Church North will present an analysis of Governor Walker's 2011-2013 Biennial Budget for the state of Wisconsin on Sunday, April 3, at 12:30 p.m. at the church, 13800 N. Port Washington Road, Mequon. The presentation is free and open to the public.
Joyce M. Latham, PhD., chair of the Social Justice committee, will deliver the presentation. The presentation focuses on six main elements of the budget: public school funding, higher education, local government agencies, health care, transportation, the environment. The presentation measures the stated goals of the budget document against the embedded funding strategies by focusing on the facts.
"We are interested in ensuring that the people of our communities have access to accurate information concerning the budget proposal,” Latham explained. “The bill itself is over 1,300 pages, which presents us with a lot to digest. Our intention is to help people begin to think about the issues which surround the debate about the budget bill. Please join us for investigation and discussion about the fiscal future of Wisconsin.”
For more information, visit www.ucnorth.org
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...