On Sunday, March 27, Nicolet High School will host the 10th Annual Brittney Gigl 3-on-3 basketball tournament. This fundraiser honors the memory of a girl who was an outstanding student and three-sport varsity athlete. Brittney died suddenly of viral encephalitis at the beginning of her senior year in 2001. “Brittney was a great kid who was always dedicated to doing her very best,” said Dann Jacobson, Brittney’s volleyball coach. “This is a way for her memory to live on.”
The tournament, called the BG3V3, was started by Brittney's closest friends as a way to raise money for a scholarship in her name. Since 2001 the Brittney Gigl memorial fund has awarded more than $50,000 in scholarships to worthy Nicolet seniors. Initially, a handful of donors contributed items and about $3,000 was raised each year. But the event has grown and in recent years, more than 100 donors have contributed to this effort, raising more than $10,000 each year.
Roughly 40 teams and nearly 150 people are set to play on Sunday, starting at 11 a.m. at the Nicolet H.S. gymnasium. The tournament features teams of current students, as well as parents, faculty, staff and alumni. The public is invited to attend. Admission is free, and contributions to the cause are welcomed.
"Sharing the day with friends, competing on the court, and raising money to
help kids pay for college is a great way to honor Brittney," Jacobson said.
>For more information, visit the website BG3V3.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...