The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch the movie "Adam" on Wednesday, February 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Non-members are always welcome at club events.
"Adam" is a somewhat quirky romantic comedy that focuses on "Adam" (Hugh Dancy), who has Asperger Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism that lowers ability to "read" other people's thoughts and feelings and respond appropriately. It is estimated that as many as three of 1.000 persons have this condition.
Adam is a shy but very bright young man, whose father has just died. He meets his new neighbor (Rose Bryne), a children's book author. Each helps and learns from the other in this departure from the usual "guy gets girl" formula.
There is no admission fee. For futher information, call (414) 540-2100.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...