The Glendale Senior Citizens' Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch the movie "Adam" on Wednesday, February 23, at 1 p.m. in the clubroom on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale. Non-members are always welcome at club events.
"Adam" is a somewhat quirky romantic comedy that focuses on "Adam" (Hugh Dancy), who has Asperger Syndrome, a high-functioning form of autism that lowers ability to "read" other people's thoughts and feelings and respond appropriately. It is estimated that as many as three of 1.000 persons have this condition.
Adam is a shy but very bright young man, whose father has just died. He meets his new neighbor (Rose Bryne), a children's book author. Each helps and learns from the other in this departure from the usual "guy gets girl" formula.
There is no admission fee. For futher information, call (414) 540-2100.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Psychic & Healing Fair
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS