Concordia University Wisconsin will host a Respite Event on Sunday, February 27, giving area parents of children with special needs a well-deserved break. The Respite will be held at the Concordia Field House, 12800 North Lake Shore Drive in Mequon from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“The respite event is a life saver for families dealing with the challenges of caring for a child with special healthcare needs,” said Kim Whitmore, assistant professor in Concordia University’s Nursing Department. “It is also a tremendous learning experience for our students from all disciplines as they learn patience, compassion, and respect for what these families deal with on a day to day basis," added Whitmore.
This event is funded in part by United Way and the Respite Care Association of Wisconsin. To register, e-mail your name, address, phone number, birthday, email, major and grade level or profession and preference of type of child you wish to care for to CUW Nursing Professor Kim Whitmore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to volunteer you can still help by making a monetary donation made payable to CUW Foundation or by donating BINGO Prizes. Donations should be brought to the CUW Nursing Department.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...