Fox Point resident and current Divine Savior Holy Angels High School student Christina Boemer plans to put vanity aside and take part in a selfless gesture— cutting off 10 inches or more of hair and donating it to the not-for-profit organization Locks of Love. While Locks of Love provides hairpieces to children suffering long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis, most have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure.
This is the 11th year that the Locks of Love assembly has taken place at DSHA high school. Cumulatively, DSHA has contributed 622 ponytails, valued at over $388,000. The total value of donated hair for this year’s event is over $23,750.
Please feel free to join us and show your support for this generous act on January 31, 2011 at 10 a.m. in The Robert and Marie Hansen Family Fine Arts Theatre at Divine Savior Holy Angels High School, 4257 N. 100th St.
Divine Savior Holy Angels High School is a Catholic college preparatory high school that excels at preparing young women intellectually, spiritually and personally. Sponsored by the Sisters of the Divine Savior, DSHA continues to build on 118 years of tradition in academic excellence and commitment to single gender education and attracts over 650 students annually from all over Southeastern Wisconsin. To learn more about DSHA, log on to www.dsha.info.
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- ADVENT named a Fastest Growing Firm Two Consecutive Years
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Mequon resident elected to Girl Scout Board
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Summer Concert Series at Sinai
- Used Book Sale to Benefit Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin