North Shore Presbyterian Church (NSPC) in Shorewood will hold two services Christmas Eve.
In addition to its traditional candle-light service at 10 p.m., the church is honored to host its third annual Moravian Lovefeast service which traces its roots to the early 15th century and is focused on serving one another. The Lovefeast begins at 7:00 p.m. The public is welcome to attend and families are encouraged.
After a prayer service, members of the NSPC congregation known as “Dieners” (from a German word for “one who serves”) will provide all participants with sweet rolls and hot cocoa – which all will share simultaneously.
All of the rolls are made by members of the NSPC congregation. The Dieners are a reminder that all Christians are servants and the simultaneous breaking of bread is a reminder that we are all part of God’s family.
In churches around the country, people come to these Lovefeasts, eager for that quiet moment when the sanctuary lights are dimmed, and the dieners enter, bearing the traditional trays of food, followed by beeswax candles, concluding with Silent Night sung by candlelight.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...