FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 29, 2010
November 29, 2010
Phone: (262) 483-1419
Daystar Chosen for Outpost's Community Wednesdays
MILWAUKEE---Daystar, Inc. has been chosen to participate in Outpost Natural Foods Cooperative’s Community Wednesdays’ program. During the month of June 2011, Outpost will donate a minimum of $1,000 to Daystar.
Voted on by Outpost’s co-op owners, Daystar will be present at one of three Outpost store locations during the month of June. In addition to Outpost’s contribution, shoppers are encouraged to stop by Daystar’s table to learn more about their service to the community, drop a dollar in conveniently located donation jars or round up their total at the cash register on the Wednesdays in June.
"Outpost's fundamental purpose is to build a healthy, diverse and sustainable community for our co-op owners. What better way to ensure sustainability by giving to local non-profits, who in turn give to people in need right in our community, which keeps our money local," says Pam Mehnert, General Manager of Outpost Natural Foods.
Community Wednesdays is part of a larger program called Operation Community in which Outpost strives to fulfill one of seven international principles of cooperation, Concern for Community. To learn more about Operation Community visit http://www.outpost.coop/community/giving.
Daystar, Inc. offers women a chance to break the cycle of domestic violence, recover and rebuild. Women can stay at Daystar for up to two years. Residents participate in a structured program that includes a weekly support group as well as other activities, referral to community resources, financial education and case management.
Serving the greater Milwaukee area for over forty years, Outpost Natural Foods Cooperative operates three successful locations at 100 East Capitol Drive, Milwaukee, 7000 West State Street, Wauwatosa, and 2826 South Kinnickinnic Avenue, Milwaukee. Co-owned by over 15,000 individuals from Southeastern Wisconsin, it employs over 270 people as well. Outpost’s annual sales have exceeded $28 million this fiscal year and is one of the largest cooperatively owned natural food grocers in the country.
For more information about Daystar, Inc., please contact Mary Frances Willcoxson at (414) 385-0334 or at email@example.com, or visit our website at www.daystarinc.org.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...