Brighten the year for area children by donating holiday gifts to support mentoring relationships of Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Metro Milwaukee.
Holiday giving opportunities for individuals and groups are available.
Adopt-a-Match: Enrich the weekly experiences of a child and volunteer mentor matched through BBBS of Metro Milwaukee. Donors will receive the name of a Big Brothers Big Sisters match and a “wish list” of gift ideas that will support the match’s shared time together. Requested gifts include year-long memberships and/or gift cards to cultural and entertainment destinations. Examples include museum memberships, restaurant gift cards, movie passes, professional or collegiate sports tickets and theater tickets. Other gift ideas include books, art supplies and games that can be used by “Bigs” and “Littles” during the course of their regular get-togethers.
Adopt-a-School: Help equip one of the eight BBBS of Metro Milwaukee school locations in Milwaukee and Waukesha. These locations are in need of educational materials, magazine subscriptions, games and craft supplies. These supplies will be used by Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring matches during their weekly time together. Donors will receive the name and description of a mentoring site and a supplies wish list. Adopt-a-School gifts offer a perfect giving opportunity for companies and groups.
To participate, call Elsa Knysak-Wolfe, BBBS of Metro Milwaukee, 414-2
58-4778, ext 235.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...