There still is time to enroll in the upcoming conference, "Autism Knows No Boundaries
Supporting the Needs of Urban Communities," 8:30am-4:30pm. Wed. and Thu., Nov. 3-4, UWM School of Continuing Education, 161 W. Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 7000.
Explore Topics Including:
--Identifying Cultural Barriers
--Communication and Challenging Behaviors
--Life with an Autistic Sibling
--Autism Research and Medication
--Urban Access for Medical Diagnosis
Among the benefits of attending are learning the basics about Autism and Asperger Syndrome how they present in an urban populatio and becomeing aware of the disparities in service availability and later age of diagnosis of autism in children of color.
Participants also learn strategies for supporting individuals with learning and communication differences to prevent behavioral outbursts.
Connecting with community resources to better support individuals with autism and co-morbid mental health issues. also is a valuable opportunity.
Related Areas include foundations in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Questions? Contact Mary Pick at email@example.com or 414-227-3353.
To register, go to: http://www4.uwm.edu/sce/autism.cfm
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Alverno College Names Jessica Ott Director of Athletics
- Summer Concert Series at Sinai
- Alverno College Names Karin Wasiullah Associate Dean of Nursing
- Shorewood Free Summer Concert Series Returns
- Used Book Sale to Benefit Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin