The Glendale Senior Citizens Club (open to everyone 55 years and over) will take a trip to Old World Wisconsin in Eagle on Friday, October 1, 2010, 9 am-4 pm. Fall color will be at its height. Old World Wisconsin sustained serious tornado damage in July but is now open. Old World moved original buildings in Wisconsin to its site and restored them to their period uses. Living history guides in costume greet visitors to each exhibit.
The cost of the trip includes bus transportation, entrance fees, a Yankee pot roast lunch in the Clausing Barn, and use of the trolleys to go from one exhibit to another. Reservations (deadline: September 23) can be made by sending a check for $42 to the Glendale Senior Citizens Club, Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale WI 53209. Participants should meet at 9 am in the lower parking lot of Glen Hills Middle School. For further information, call 414-540-2100.
- Glendale Resident Designs Costumes for “Freud's Last Session," an Acacia Theatre and Morning Star Co-Production
- Free Showing of "Elsa and Fred"
- Free Showing of "Boyhood"
- Free Showing of "Chef"
- Trip to See "Harvey" at the Rep
- Trip to See "Liberace!" at the Stackner
- Free Showing of "The Book Thief"
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks local musicians
- Braylen Stevens will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's Production of The Color Purple
- Seniors Holiday Party