Whitefish Bay resident Darren Goldstein has been named a 2010 Philanthropic 5 Award winner by United Way of Greater Milwaukee. Goldstein was honored for his outstanding philanthropic and volunteer commitments to Greater Milwaukee during an awards ceremony on Thursday, August 19 at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts.
The awards, created by United Way’s Emerging Leaders Council, recognize five community leaders, age 45 or under, who give, advocate and volunteer for change through Greater Milwaukee’s non-profit community.
Goldstein, a Partner at KPMG LLP, is committed to making a difference in the lives of children and serves on the boards of First Stage Children’s Theater and Jewish Beginnings Lubavitch Preschool. He also leads KPMG’s local INVOLVE council - a national community involvement program, is a founding member of FUEL Milwaukee’s Executive Council and serves on the Next Generation UPAF Council.
This year’s other Philanthropic 5 Award winners are: Nancy Hernandez, Owner, ABRAZO Multicultural Marketing & Communication; Darryl Morin, President and CEO, Advanced Wireless; Abby Ramirez, Executive Director, Schools That Can Milwaukee; and Dan Tranchita, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, Robert W. Baird & Co.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- The Starr Group Hires Marco Briceno
- First Annual St. Robert Pretzel Run Offers Participants Fun and a Tasty Treat
- Cigar Networkers of Milwaukee Presents - 10 Things You Should Never Do As a Cigar Smoker
- Tour to New York, Atlantic City and Philadelphia!
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- Friday, August 19: I AM... I CAN... I WILL...